|Managing Audit Director - Quality Assurance & Improvement Program|
Company: Truist Financial
Location: Charlotte , NC
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/27/2021
Expire Date: 04/27/2021
Job Categories: Banking
Managing Audit Director - Quality Assurance & Improvement Program|
Lead execution and continuous improvement of a robust program that provides the General Auditor and stakeholders with assurance of the quality of Truist Audit Services’ performance in the effective delivery of a proactive, risk-based audit assurance program for Truist Financial Corporation. The program fulfills the mission, obligations, and expectations of the Audit Committees of the Boards of Directors of the Corporation, Executive Management and various subsidiaries, and provides services to other members of management and various external stakeholders, including various regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. Direct and oversee the execution and continuous improvement of a robust quality assurance program to evaluate conformance of audit work to internal policies and procedures as well as the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and supervisory expectations. Such a program evaluates all aspects of the internal audit program.
2. Set clear objectives and goals for Quality Assurance (QA) Practices and QA Review teams and monitor progress toward those objectives. Oversee and manage the activities of the teams with a focus on delivering high quality results. Coach and provide feedback to the teams. Ensure the teams are appropriately staffed with highly capable personnel. Manage and monitor performance of the Quality Assurance teams to ensure milestone dates and overall allocation of staff resources is achieved within expected timeframes, guidelines, and quality standards.
3. Provide leadership to ensure governance over use of work performed by other assurance providers, including the adequacy of Audit Services’ supervision of such work.
4. Access a network of audit professionals at other financial institutions, public accounting firms, and professional associations to monitor trends and developments in banking, financial services, internal audit practice, and supervisory expectations; identification of potential enhancements in internal audit practices, processes, and methodologies; and benchmarking comparisons of Audit Services’ performance. Integrate enhancements into professional development programs, the quality assurance review program, and the audit process.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or business-related field, or equivalent education and related training or experience
2. Twelve years of relevant experience in audit functions at a large US financial services firm or commensurate experience as an examiner within the financial services industry in this or a closely related field (if possessing prior examiner experience, achieving “commissioned” status is desired)
3. Professional certification (e.g. Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or related certification.
4. Ability to work strategically and tactically, comfortable seeing and defining the “big picture” while overseeing details
5. Comprehensive knowledge of general banking, risk management, and audit practices
6. Excellent leadership ability and sound decision-making skills with strong business acumen and organizational agility
7. Strong effective communicator (written and verbal) with executive management and regulators
8. Profound sense of ethics and the ability to deal with pressure from all areas of the business
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Master’s degree in Finance or relevant field
2. Completion of a Graduate School of Banking
Company Name: Truist Financial
BB&T and SunTrust formed Truist with a shared purpose—to inspire and build better lives and communities. With our combined resources, collective passion, and commitment to innovation, we’re creating a better financial experience to help people and businesses achieve more. With 275 years of combined BB&T and SunTrust history, Truist serves approximately 12 million households with leading market share in many high-growth markets in the country. The company offers a wide range of services including retail, small business and commercial banking; asset management; capital markets; commercial real estate; corporate and institutional banking; insurance; mortgage; payments; specialized lending; and wealth management. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Truist is the sixth-largest commercial bank in the U.S.