|Social Media Strategist|
Company: UC San Diego
Location: La Jolla, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/04/2020
Expire Date: 02/04/2021
Job Categories: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Social Media Strategist|
UC San Diego
Social Media Strategist
Filing Deadline: Fri 12/25/2020
Salary Range: $59,700 - $75,850/year
The University Communications Strategy department establishes and guides communications content focused on advancing UC San Diego’s reputation of prestige and distinction as a leading global research university and academic medical center. UC San Diego Communication Strategists bring bold thinking and curiosity to lead the design and execution of nimble and data-driven content and print, digital and visual assets that accelerate achievement of the university’s short- and long-term strategic and operational objectives.
Employing best practices in research, planning, execution and measurement to monitor trends, attitudes and opportunities among the university’s key stakeholders, the University Communications Strategy department serves as key advisors to university leaders and the larger University Communications team to establish and facilitate thoughtful, interdisciplinary and cross-functional collaboration. The team is made up of six distinct functions: content development, creative design, operational support, digital strategy, social media strategy and web operations professionals who identify and leverage new tools to engage, inspire and galvanize key constituencies. The Communications Strategy team also operates Studio Ten 300, a state-of-the-art broadcast studio that links UC San Diego’s world-renowned faculty to a global audience.
Reporting to the Senior Social Media Strategist, the Social Media Strategist creates and implements a comprehensive strategy across university social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube) to promote and protect the UC San Diego brand and the prestige and distinction it carries while fostering lifelong relationships with our audiences (students, alumni, faculty, staff, parents, community stakeholders and friends of the university). Working closely with University Communications colleagues, the incumbent plans and develops content to nurture and grow our social media channels.
The Strategist is responsible for the daily posting of news, content and campaigns on university social channels. Maintains a cross-channel content calendar and posts the right content at the right time to maximize interaction and engagement. Builds and nurtures online communities, actively engages with users, identifies brand advocates/influencers and implements processes and procedures to regularly test, measure and improve digital engagement.
The Strategist is a seasoned expert when it comes to the latest social platforms, tools and technologies. They drive organization-wide social media efforts, stay on the leading-edge of trends and technologies, and advocate for new approaches that advance the department and its goals.
Must maintain confidentiality of data.
Must be willing to work flexible hours and to commute to off-site locations.
• Please submit a cover letter for a complete application.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Thorough expertise and proficiency in digital media content creation and administration. Demonstrated experience creating content for both wide and segmented audiences that inspires action. Keen knowledge of digital media trends and best practices.
• Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work. Extensive skills in audience targeting and paid promotion of digital media posts
• Demonstrated skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long- and short-term strategic communications plans.
• Demonstrated experience assessing digital media performance. Ability to draw insight from data and communicate recommendations to management.
• Thorough understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications. Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work. Knowledge of effective storytelling principles and ability to write succinct, evocative and engaging digital media posts.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Hootsuite and other business and digital media tools. Experience in photo, graphic, and video production and publishing.
• Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member. Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, prioritize work, function effectively under deadline pressure, and fulfill assignments on schedule. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated competency and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Job offer is contingent on clear Background Check.
Company Name: UC San Diego
More than fifty years ago, the founders of the University of California San Diego had one criterion for the campus: it must be distinctive. Since then, UC San Diego has achieved the extraordinary in teaching, research, and public service. UC San Diego is a student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public institution that provides opportunity for all. Recognized as one of the top fifteen research universities worldwide, a culture of collaboration sparks discoveries that advance society and drive economic impact. Our students are committed to public service. For the fifth consecutive year, UC San Diego has been ranked first in the nation based on research, civic engagement, and social mobility. We are one campus with multiple pillars of excellence, a top ten public university that is transforming lives, shaping new disciplines, and advancing the frontiers of knowledge.