|Senior Accountant, External Reporting & Policy|
Company: Interpublic group IPG
Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/24/2020
Expire Date: 01/24/2021
Job Categories: Accounting/Auditing
Senior Accountant, External Reporting & Policy|
The position will assist in and provide support for various aspects of the preparation of SEC filings (10-Q and 10-K). Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in ensuring regulatory compliance with SEC reporting requirements and to ensure adherence to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements and any other newly emerging FASB and regulatory requirements. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual with strong attention to detail and a sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting concepts.
• Assist in preparation of the Company’s SEC reporting (Annual Reports, 10-K’s and 10-Q’s, and 8-K’s, as required);
• Perform initial reviews of deal documents and diligence materials and advise Corporate Development of accounting implications. liaison with
Corporate Development, Legal and Tax regarding deal structure for acquisitions and dispositions and the related accounting implications.
• Review initial and subsequent accounting for all Company acquisitions and dispositions;
• Research transaction related and other GAAP accounting issues and summarize proposed treatment;
• Coordinate deliverables and supporting documentation from various groups for the completion of the Company’s SEC reported financial statements,
corresponding footnotes and other periodic filings including the Controller’s Group, Treasury, Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, and
• Work with external auditors on quarterly reviews and year-end audit;
• As necessary, assist in special projects, such as technical accounting research and process improvements;
• Review disclosures of various public companies for reporting practices and improvements to disclosures;
• Develop internal analysis in response to inquiries from Senior Management.
• Accounting degree;
• CPA or CPA examination in progress;
• 1-3 years SEC reporting experience, preferably in public accounting (Big 4 accounting firms);
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC rules and regulations;
• Corporate environment a plus;
• Good work ethic;
• Experience with SEC filings, including 10-K and 10-Q documents;
• Strong communication (verbal & written), analytic and technical research skills;
• Very well organized and detail oriented
• Highly motivated and ability to work independently to meet targets;
• Good technical PC skills – Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, Hyperion, SAP, Webfilings a plus;
• Experience with iXBRL a plus.