|Senior 60Hz Electrical Systems Manager - Schenectady, NY or Greenville, SC|
Company: GE Renewable Energy
Location: Schenectady, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/24/2020
Expire Date: 01/24/2021
Job Categories: Energy / Utilities
Senior 60Hz Electrical Systems Manager - Schenectady, NY or Greenville, SC|
Job Description Summary
The 60Hz Electrical System Manager will have responsibility for the electrical system for all 60hz wind turbines designed for the Americas market. The engineers on the electrical system team are responsible for the generator, converter, electrical cabinet, transformer and power cables and harnesses. The manager of this team will ensure that new electrical system designs meet all cost, quality, performance and grid capability targets, as well as oversee support of the installed base of turbines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Electrical System Manager will manage a team of 5-10 engineers whose goal is to successfully deliver new and uprated electrical systems for Onshore Wind NPI products. As part of this role, they will own all requirements for the electrical system, including setting of those requirements with the product line team and engineering program managers. They will also own the multigenerational product plan for each component in the electrical system, ensuring that current designs are optimized for cost and future capability needs.
The manager will ensure that all fleet quality issues are dealt with promptly, and that lessons learned from those failures are incorporated into new electrical system and component designs. The manager will also be responsible for overseeing annual cost reduction of the electrical system, through the qualification of alternate sources and design changes.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
• Lead development of new and uprated electrical systems for MWC turbines.
• Own and drive focused efforts to reduce the total lifecycle cost of the electrical system, including direct material cost, warranty and FSA costs.
• Integrate with the engineering teams responsible for loads, systems operability and value optimization to identify new ways to create customer value with the electrical system.
• Lead efforts to simplify and streamline engineering processes.
• Mentor engineers in support of both their technical and professional development.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in wind turbines or renewables or power generation
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and align stakeholders around a common goal
• Ability to distill large amounts of information and effectively communicate key messages
• Ability to translate complex quantitative analysis into concrete business actions
• Self-starter, highly motivated, innovative and creative thinker
Company Name: GE Renewable Energy
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons. We are a diverse and dedicated global team who believes in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to unleash limitless energy.