|Project Manager - Construction|
Company: St. Mary's County Metropolitan Commission
Location: California, MD
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/28/2020
Expire Date: 12/28/2020
Job Categories: Engineering
Project Manager - Construction|
Job Summary: Develops construction contracts for capital improvement projects (CIP), Coordinates with Engineer Firms for design and reviews construction drawings for CIP; develops construction bid documents, tracks construction projects; performs engineering cost estimates for future CIP; develops and monitors CIP schedules; analyzes system requirements; performs other duties as assigned.
1. Develops CIP budget for securing funding. Provide project budget sheets, project descriptions, cost estimates for budgets; Coordinate MetCom CIP with County CIP
2. Develops proposed changes to specifications
3. Coordinates work activities with Operations and Maintenance Division for CIP construction projects
4. Processes change orders; tracks job completion percent; maintains project budgets
5. Develops scope of work for CIP design; Prepares requests or proposals (RFP's) for project consultants
6. Reviews proposals for design and recommends approval to the chief Engineer; reviews construction drawings and specifications for projects, verifies engineering calculations
7. Prepares permits and approval applications for MDE, SHA, SCD, LUGM, SMC, and Navy for all CIP
8. Coordinates construction bid documents for CIP including the invitations for bids (FB's) and requests for quotes (RFQ's); Assists Contracts Officer in bidding process; coordinates pre-bid meetings and agenda; Develops cost analysis; recommends award to Chief Engineer
9. Plans and coordinates public meetings and public hearings for CIP
10. Provide weekly project status reports and coordinate weekly meetings between Engineering and Grants/Loan Administrator
11. Provide monthly project status reports for property/easement acquisitions for CIP and coordinate monthly meetings with Legal Department
12. Maintains project schedules for CIP
13. Develops improvements to contract documents for Procurement
14. Provides information on system capacities and existing facilities for CIP
15. Conducts review meetings and coordinates project team participation; produces minutes of meetings
16. Maintains project data and documents in an organized manner, tracks progress, change orders, budget, permit(s) status, memorandum and status reports
17. Maintains liaisons with designers, construction contractors, inspectors, MDE, SHA, SCD, LUGM, SMC, and Navy and other agencies
18. Anticipates potential project problems, identifies and implements solutions, coordinates activities of staff team members, consultants and contractors
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain thorough knowledge of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission policies and procedures
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission to the public
3. Knowledge of engineering practices and procedures
4. Knowledge of construction project development and management
5. Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members, ability to coordinate, advise and work with other professionals
6. Ability to serve as Assistant Quality Control Officer on construction projects
7. Ability to operate relevant computer programs, and tracking systems
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or construction management plus three or more years of relevant experience
2. Or Masters of Engineering or Construction Management plus two or more years of relevant experience
3. Or seven or more years of documented construction management or project management or specialized technical experience
4. Significant job related experience may qualify in lieu of education.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Work will also involve high risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines. Employee maybe required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, goggles, boots and gloves; may require working in adverse weather conditions or confined work spaces.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The Metropolitan Commission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic covered by law.
The St. Mary’s County Metropolitan Commission (MetCom) is a quasi-governmental agency that provides water and sewer services for residents and businesses in St. Mary’s County, Maryland. MetCom has a customer base of over 17,000 and exceeds $20 million in annual revenues. MetCom is located in historic St. Mary’s County, the birthplace of Maryland. St. Mary’s County is situated on a peninsula in Southern Maryland with over 500 miles of shoreline on the Patuxent River, Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay. Home to Patuxent River Naval Air Station, St. Mary’s College and great seafood, the area is a true destination for raising a family, building a career or simply enjoying the pleasures of outdoor life. The County’s location allows for easy access to major metropolitan areas, while offering residents a high quality of life and affordable lifestyles. The Metropolitan Commission is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic covered by law.