Location: Placer County, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/22/2020
Expire Date: 12/22/2020
Job Categories: Social Services, Education
The Implementation Specialist plays a key role on CAST’s Professional Learning Team and supports the application of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) to support inclusive literacy instruction throughout the state of California.
• Collaboratively design, pilot, and evaluate innovative professional learning opportunities for educators, including but not limited to face-to-face workshops, keynote presentations, classroom observations, virtual trainings, and school site visits.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and structure work with COE/SELPA coaching teams to ensure that they define and meet their goals and are provided necessary supports to do so;
• Support COE/SELPA coaches to use and teach systems for reflection, including examination of student work, analysis of lesson artifacts, and analysis of classroom video data to measure progress in the application of UDL to their practices;
• Collaborate with the Program Evaluator to measure changes in educator beliefs, knowledge, and skills; and in student thinking and outcomes;
• Design, pilot, and evaluate innovative professional learning materials (at the resource, activity, and workshop level).
• Collaboratively vision, plan, execute, and evaluate the annual UDL symposium.
• Other responsibilities as need to collaboratively support the work of CAST’s Director of Research and Curriculum.
• Master’s in Education;
• 10 or more years’ K-12 teaching/coaching/administrative experience;
• Experience working with adult learners; familiarity with best practices in training and/or coaching adults.
• Experience with coaching and implementation
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team;
• Strong pedagogical and coaching abilities;
• Competency in use of platforms such as Google Drive, PPT and MS Word, including their accessibility features;
• Superior communication skills including listening, demonstrating respect for differing opinions, clarity of expression;
• Organized and self-starting.
• Understanding of or willingness to learn the core concepts and basic neuroscience of Universal Design for Learning;
• Expertise with the pedagogy of literacy acquisition in young people.
• Strong knowledge of UDL and/or literacy acquisition
• Residence in California required.
• Must be willing to travel statewide (when public health circumstances allow).
Company Name: CAST
Contact Email: pLjobs@cast.org
About CAST Located a short distance north of Boston, CAST is a nonprofit education research and development organization that works to expand learning opportunities for all individuals through Universal Design for Learning. As a nonprofit, we know that every employee contributes to our international reputation as a leader in education research, technology, and universal design for learning. Teamwork, risk-taking, and collaborative thinking are essential to the way we work. Most of all, our mission—to improve learning experiences and opportunities for all individuals—motivates not only what we do but how we do it. Diversity Statement CAST strives to create a work environment that welcomes the exchange of ideas and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our work. CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. CAST is committed to building a community of talented staff who reflect the diversity of our communities and nation. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.