Texas College Celebrates Homecoming 2018
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on October 23, 2018 |
Beginning Monday, October 22, 2018, Texas College will celebrate her Homecoming. See below for the public schedule of activities for the week.
Wednesday, October 24
* Miss Texas College Coronation – Relicia Morrison will be crowned as Miss Texas College for the 2018 – 2019 year. After being selected in the Spring Term, she will serve the College as an ambassador and leader on campus. Miss Texas College is a time honored tradition dating back almost 100 years, where a Camus Queen is selected to serve the College and her students through many different avenues. The Coronation will take place in the Gus F. Taylor Gymnasium beginning at 6:30 PM.
Friday, October 26
* Homecoming Convocation - Beginning at 10:00 AM in the Gus F. Taylor Gymnasium, Texas College invites the community to celebrate Homecoming as alumni, family, and friends of the College return to campus.
* Battle of the Bands – Texas College will host a Battle of the Bands against Langston University at 6:00 PM in the Gus F. Taylor Gymnasium. Admission is $10.
Saturday, October 27
* Annual Texas College Homecoming Parade – The Parade will begin at 10:00 AM starting on the corner of Englewood Ave. and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Multiple organizations have confirmed to participate. Below is the parade route.
- Englewood Ave. and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Turn right on MLK and proceed to Border Ave.
- Turn left on 27 Street and proceed to Grand Ave.
- Turn left on Grand Ave.
and proceed to Texas
- Enter the campus at the first entrance to the right, by the Willie Lee Glass Building
* Battle of the Bands – Following the parade, at 12:00 PM all of the parade participant bands will showcase their talents and battle it out to take home the first place bragging rights and trophy.
* Texas College Alumni Purple & Gold Basketball Game – The 2018-2019 Basketball Team will face off against alumni; the event will take place at 1:00 PM in the Gus F. Taylor Gymnasium. Tickets are $10.
* Texas College Homecoming Football Game – The Steers will play Langston University to celebrate Homecoming. The game will be played at Christus Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium beginning at 7:00 PM. Tickets are for sale in the Business Office for $10, $15 at the gate, Children 11 & under are free.
All events are free and open to the public, unless otherwise specified.
About Texas College (TC)
Celebrating over 120 years of providing educational opportunities, Texas College is a historical black college founded in 1894 by a group of CME ministers. Our mission, which continues to embody the principles of the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, is to ensure that the student body experiences balanced intellectual, psychological, social and spiritual development, aimed at enabling them to become active productive members of society where they live and work. TC is led by its 23rd President Dr. Dwight Fennell. To learn more about Texas College, visit us on the web at www.texascollege.edu. For information regarding planned giving, endowed scholarships and sponsorships, please contact The Office of the President at email@example.com or call 903.593.8311 ext. 2270.
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Delaware State University Chairperson Dr. Devona Williams Inducted in the Delaware Business Hall of Fame|
|Delaware State University Awarded Five-Year $7.5 Million Research Grant to Establish Quantum Sensing Center|