W. W. Norton is seeking a Contracts Assistant for its Contracts department. This employee will work closely with the Contracts Director, Contracts Manager, Contracts Associate and other departments.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Draft and track contract amendments
• Research, draft, and track cancellation letters
• Research, draft, and otherwise respond to reversion requests
• Review files and research queries, as needed
• Field inquiries from other departments such as Editorial and Subsidiary Rights
• Prepare check requests for contractual payments
• Assist with the department’s on-going file scanning project
• Assist the Contracts Director and Contracts Manager, as needed
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover all required activities.
Qualifications & Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the U.S.
• Must be able to work regular business hours from Norton’s NYC office
• Strong writing skills required
• 1-2 years of book publishing experience preferred
• Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively and efficiently prioritize
• Ability to work independently
• Close attention to detail and excellent organization and prioritization skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess very strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years” in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.