Arts, Entertainment, and Media, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Counseling
Flexible scheduling options available!
The Music Therapist will provide music therapy services to patients within the Forensic Services program by using clinical and evidence-based music interventions. The Music Therapist will assess psychological, cognitive, communicative, social, and physiological functioning of patients to determine if needs can be addressed through music therapy interventions.
Essential job functions:
• Assess and screen patients in accordance to American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) standards.
• Develop interventions based on assessment of strengths and needs of patients
• Provide individual or group therapy sessions
• Monitor progress to determine the need for continuing, modifying, or discontinuing services
Qualifications & Requirements • Bachelor’s degree or higher in music therapy; approved by the American Music Therapy Association
• Certified by the Certification Board for Music Therapists